Friday, June 3, 2016

Tails and Tractors


Racer and I arrive at our first bus stop and he taps his nose on the pole to tell me we are there. I praise him and stand facing the street while he sits beside me. I hear the manager of the store behind us unlocking the door. The manager often says hello to us in the mornings and I hear him call out to us. I turn around to wave and he says, “I should tell you that there is a large tractor parked right in front of you where the bus usually pulls up.” He walks over to us and walks me around to the side of it and we decide that I should stand off the curb next to the tractor so that the bus will see me and stop for us. The manager says I should be safe standing under the bucket of the tractor. I thank him and he walks back to his store. I laugh to myself picturing what Racer must have been thinking when he saw the tractor sitting there and here we were just standing two feet from it just staring straight ahead and I had no idea. He was probably thinking this should be interesting…  

No comments:

Post a Comment