Monday, June 27, 2016

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie


Racer has a nice bed under my desk at work and another one at home in the living room. In the corner of my bedroom though we only have a huge dog pillow for a bed and it started wearing out and got a hole in it so we went to the pet store to see what we could find. We decided on a fluffy bed and the price seemed too good to pass up. When we got to the cashier though he told us it was double the price of what we had expected because it had been put on the wrong shelf. I had already fallen in love with it and just decided to buy it anyway. The cashier told us if Racer didn’t like it we could bring it back. We got home and put it in place and it seemed way too over stuffed and puffy. Racer stepped onto it and wagged his tail and settled in. Good sign! I walked into the kitchen and started the microwave. I walked back to the bed and reached down to pat Racer but he was outside the bed lying down. I placed my hand on the new bed and said, “Racer, do you like your new bed?” and he stood up and got back into it. The microwave beeped and I went back to the kitchen to check on the food. I came back into the bedroom and once again Racer was outside the bed lying on the carpet. Hmmm, I sighed. My phone rings and my boyfriend says that he thinks the bed was too expensive and we should take it back and I agreed. Racer just wasn’t taking to it. Back in the car we go, and we find a bed that is more the same style of our other beds and it is 15 dollars cheaper so we get home and try again. Racer steps onto it and wags his tail, lies down and stays there. I go into my computer room and get online. Racer usually follows me into the office but he stayed in his bed. Good sign. After about twenty minutes he walks into the computer room to check on me and I finish typing and we both walk into the bedroom. I start folding clothes and he looks at his new bed and runs toward it wagging his tail and jumps on it greeting it as if it is a long lost friend that he hasn’t seen in ages. YAY! Usually in the middle of the night Racer gets out of his bed and walks over to where I’m sleeping and rubs his nose with mine and then runs back to his bed and falls asleep. I think it is super cute but it wakes me up and sometimes I can’t fall back asleep. The first night with his new bed, he stays there all night and never wakes me up with his nose. I do however wake up once during the night because I can hear him snoring loudly. He usually isn’t a loud snorer but I laugh to myself because I think he really is taking to his new bed. Success Finally!   

No comments:

Post a Comment