Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cankle


I haven’t posted any news in awhile. I had one of those moments while staying at Snowbird where I thought, I’m having so much fun and life is so good right now I sure hope nothing bad is about to happen. Three days after arriving back home I tripped and twisted my ankle. I instantly felt faint and lightheaded. Bob had to take me to the hospital. I was so afraid that I had broken something. The huge concern was that if it was broken it would delay the date to meet my Guide Dog. How could this happen? I NEVER hurt myself falling. Sure I stumble from time to time but I always correct myself and carry on. I walk all over the crumbling old sidewalks of my neighborhood daily and never have a problem. I’m like a Billy goat on a mountain top, so sure footed. The X-ray showed that it was just a bad sprain and the prescription was R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate). When I reached down to touch my puffy ankle all I could think of was, that isn’t an ankle it’s a cankle! About three weeks have passed and it is feeling much better. I’m expecting the hospital bill any day now and I’m sure I will feel faint again once I open that piece of mail. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment